Numerology Store    Download  Techniques    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Integration

Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM

Default Best Way out of three to run Numerology 3 with Ableton?

First off Im only going to be using numerology 3 for sequencing various synthesizers software vst's and hardware. As far i see it there are 3 ways to run Numerology. 1) As a VST inside Ableton. 2) Rewire mode with Ableton as Master and Numerology 3 as slave. 3) Neither as VST or Rewire just regular with midi being transfered through an IAC bus. Again Numerology will only be used for its midi features not for anything else. Everything else is done in Ableton live. I also noticed that sometimes when im running Numerology in Rewire mode and exit it crashes Ableton. But this is with Ableton running and playing a files. Maybe ill just stop everything before quitting. But what do you guys think the best way to run the two programs is when im just going to be using Numerology 3 as a midi arpegiator/sequencer?

thanks guys
Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Go for the N3 VST running in Ableton, you'll get sample-accurate, zero-latency MIDI transmission to other instruments.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-04-2012, 06:21 AM

Thanks for the reply's Jim. I have to say so far im loving this program!!!! Top notch
Old 04-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp View Post
Thanks for the reply's Jim. I have to say so far im loving this program!!!! Top notch
Groovy, ...love to hear stuff like that!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 AM

There's one downside to N3VST, which might be important to you or not, depending on how you aim to use it : CC mapping with N3VST is very limited compared to other N3/AL combo (AU / standalone / rewire). But N3VST definitely has the best timing, no latency at all !

I use N3 rewired to AL8 for transport/tempo sync, sending MIDI to AL (to each sampler/synths its MIDI channel) through "Numerology Out 1". AL hosts all the VSTs/AUs and also acts like a audio recorder/mixer. Quite a simple set-up once you get used to it.