Numerology Store    Download  Techniques    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 PM

Default preset of plugin parameters

Is it possible for the preset functionality to save the settings of any plugins on the stack, as well as the sequence info?

I admit that I dont always want this to happen, but sometimes you really want to recall everything exactly as it was.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Not currently -- the problem is that preset changes for stacks are sample accurate when beat or bar quantization is on, but plugin preset changes cannot be. To be more specific: stack presets changes must happen in the render thread, but plugin preset changes cannot happen in the render thread (they can take arbitrarily long), and, in fact, they must happen on the UI thread -- a convention from the VST2 spec.

What I do for this situation is to use program change messages to trigger the desired preset on the plugin -- not super convenient, but it works.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-20-2012, 01:23 PM

rather than change the preset, is it possible to save the state of any controls that have been moved/altered?

Is that kind of info accessible from au plugins? I'd guess so as Ableton Live's process for making parameters available for midi mapping is to move the interface controls when in the appropriate mode.

This would be wicked not only for state recall with seq info, but also for preset morphing!

I'm guessing it's not that easy though
Old 03-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboni View Post
rather than change the preset, is it possible to save the state of any controls that have been moved/altered?

Is that kind of info accessible from au plugins? I'd guess so as Ableton Live's process for making parameters available for midi mapping is to move the interface controls when in the appropriate mode.

This would be wicked not only for state recall with seq info, but also for preset morphing!

I'm guessing it's not that easy though
It's doable -- at one point I was considering an 8 or 16 knob matrix on the AU hosting module -- each mapped to a param. Those values would be preset-aware. I'll dust it off an put it on the wish list.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-21-2012, 03:29 PM

Yep that'd be a great solution!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
It's doable -- at one point I was considering an 8 or 16 knob matrix on the AU hosting module -- each mapped to a param. Those values would be preset-aware. I'll dust it off an put it on the wish list.

Cheers,
Jim
Yes please!
Old 04-22-2012, 02:36 AM

+! on this, very useful
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it