Numerology Store    Download  Techniques    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Music > Musicians & Composers

Old 04-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Default Raymond Scott & the Electronium

A few weeks ago I had the honor of seeing Raymond Scott's Electronium as it undergoes restoration, and I thought should share a picture from that visit. I'm in the photo below on the right. On the left is Darren Davison who has undertaken this monumental task. There's a short video on the restoration here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otc6yRRK5WA

As for Raymond Scott -- well, if you are interested at all in the history of electronic music at all, you should definitely see the documentary directed by his son Scott Warnow (and produced by Jeff Winner): http://scottdoc.com -- it is quite mind-blowing. As for figuring out how the Electronium worked by examining the machine-- not very easy. Though there are many tantalizing clues, it remains quite an enigma.

Cheers,
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1414.jpg (114.5 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by jim; 06-09-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:01 PM

Fabulous picture. Thanks for sharing. I really must see that movie. I keep hearing about it.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
if you are interested at all in the history of electronic music at all, you should definitely see Scott Warnow's doc
Agreed, but slight correction: the film was directed by Stan Warnow, who is Raymond Scott's son, and produced by Jeff Winner.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PongHit View Post
Agreed, but slight correction: the film was directed by Stan Warnow, who is Raymond Scott's son, and produced by Jeff Winner.
Corrected!

Jim