Numerology Store    Download  Techniques    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 PM

Default midi delay module?

I only have SE so this might exist in pro, but I have a korg MS2000, and apparently it has a known bug in the firmware which makes the arpeggiator and motion sequencer run a bit late. It's constantly behind by like 30-40 ms. If I'm working with only plugins and the ms2000, it not an issue as I slap a sample delay on the plugs and it's all groovy, but when I'm using other hardware there's not a native way to delay them all by a bit... For now midipipe does the trick, but that makes me grumpy.

next time I'm in NM I'll buy you a beer Jim.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlydrybeans View Post
I only have SE so this might exist in pro, but I have a korg MS2000, and apparently it has a known bug in the firmware which makes the arpeggiator and motion sequencer run a bit late. It's constantly behind by like 30-40 ms. If I'm working with only plugins and the ms2000, it not an issue as I slap a sample delay on the plugs and it's all groovy, but when I'm using other hardware there's not a native way to delay them all by a bit... For now midipipe does the trick, but that makes me grumpy.
There's no MIDI delay yet, but you do bring up an interesting point -- that per-stack delay compensation shouldn't just work for audio plugins (via a delay on every stack), but also for MIDI... I really like Live's approach of allowing users to tune the delay per track, so you'll probably see something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlydrybeans View Post
next time I'm in NM I'll buy you a beer Jim.
I'm game!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-23-2012, 09:14 AM

Not that it will be any time soon. (my being in NM that is)

Tags
midi delay module