Numerology Store    Download  Techniques    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 04-21-2012, 06:16 PM

Default Midi sync to more than two ports

I have 24 ports of i/o with emagic Unitors and AMT 8 and synths connected to most of the ports, 6 of which support midi clock. Is there a trick to send clock to all ports, like in Logic, where I just select All? If not, can I send to multiple midi outs somehow?

- Joel

Last edited by jbrave; 04-21-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: because I couldn't delete the post, decided to ask new question....
Old 04-22-2012, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrave View Post
I have 24 ports of i/o with emagic Unitors and AMT 8 and synths connected to most of the ports, 6 of which support midi clock. Is there a trick to send clock to all ports, like in Logic, where I just select All? If not, can I send to multiple midi outs somehow?
Sorry, just one MIDI clock out for now. The clock module is due for a re-write this summer, so that is definitely something I will look into. As a possible workaround, you could try sending clock to an IAC buss, then using a stack to route that IAC bus' signal to other targets -- but that will introduce a bit o latency.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 PM

for some reason, at the moment, it appears I"m getting clock out to all but 4 of my outputs, as long as one out is selected on the clock module. Beats me why.

- Joel
Old 04-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrave View Post
for some reason, at the moment, it appears I"m getting clock out to all but 4 of my outputs, as long as one out is selected on the clock module. Beats me why.
It is not uncommon for a MIDI interface to send clock to all outputs, though it varies a bit from one to another -- check the manual...

Cheers,
Jim

Tags
midi, multiport, output, port