Numerology Store    Download  Techniques    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Audio Units

Old 01-31-2012, 06:38 AM

I checked out the link. Saw the video and listened to some of the 10 Raga's to a Disco Beat.

Fun stuff. Once you hear it's very easy to begin jamming in the style.

The Stillwell Plug I tried quite a while back is called "Big Buss Mojo". It has an interesting interface and is extremely crunchy I haven't used it much but it seemed like a very solid offering in the wall of sound distortion category.

Regards

Wade
Old 02-03-2012, 05:01 AM

Default Distortion again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post
Hehe, talking about Indian ragas: have you heard Charanjit Singh's stuff yet? (also read up here)

Btw, what distortion do you like to use with synths? Don't you find stomp boxes too noisy (do you use a noise gate maybe)?

That snap of cold is sure hitting the Netherlands too.
I had forgotten that I also have Guitar Rig that I got with a maschine update with a free Komplete Elements. It's a pretty fullfeatured monster distortion for my uses at least. It's just of matter of finding a distortion type that works well with the Diva. Something that maintains the core qualities of the Sound source. For now I'm just going parallel with the Diva outputs and using a pedal to fade up the distortion channel. I have to work on balancing levels.

Regards

Wade
Old 02-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
It's just of matter of finding a distortion type that works well with the Diva. Something that maintains the core qualities of the Sound source.
Try the Fender Tweed amp emulation, or any of the presets that are mostly clean with just a bit o crunch -- and be sure to play with different input levels to the amp -- there will be a sweet spot...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-06-2012, 01:16 PM

I'm currently finishing my first track with Diva (as well as my first proper one using Numerology), with 6 copies of Diva or so : absolutely amazing synth. You can get some incredibly expressive sounds using N3's CV modulations with her. And she looooooooooves Valhalla Room and UberMod
My fav synth, definitely.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Try the Fender Tweed amp emulation, or any of the presets that are mostly clean with just a bit o crunch -- and be sure to play with different input levels to the amp -- there will be a sweet spot...

Cheers,
Jim

nice tips THanks!

Regards

Wade
Old 02-09-2012, 07:54 AM

A youser on uhe's forum on KVR asked a question yesterday. It's sort of but not really related to Diva.

It's about being able to control pitchbend in a very specific way.

I set about trying to setup series of modules in numerology to achieve this wish which was: pitch bend only the first note of two or more consecutive tones played from a keyboard.

I was sure I could get this to work pretty quickly in Numerology but am missing the ability to modulate the note filter.

For now I've made a quite workable solution for duophonic playing. not duophonic mode!

Two instances of Diva. one with pitchbend on Legato mode last note, the other instance in Legato mode Highest note, pitch bend off.

Now when I play a high note followed by lower notes I can pitch bend the low tones, while the high note soars on above clean and pure.

I also routed two pedals to volume outputs volume and pan modules fed by the the TWO DIVAS, so when I want to do solos with one voice I can easily do that as well. This also gives fun with fading in a pitch bend note while it's travelling back into tune..

Funny Bendy Wendy Diva!

Regards

Wade
Old 05-03-2012, 07:28 AM

Wade, did you test the new multi-core support with N3 stand alone ?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:28 AM

Hi nil

Sorry for the late reply. I have tried using Diva with Numerology with the multicore update, but as yet I can't see how it could work if Numerology as yet is not a multi core application. I'll look into it and report back!

Regards

Wade
Old 06-07-2012, 06:00 AM

I picked up Diva following recommendations here and a bit of a trial.

I like it a lot. Still doesn't touch real analogue for tone (I powered up a Moog Prodigy the other day alongside it - Diva not sounding so good...) but I am being gradually won over by the workflow benefits.

Realise I kinda missed this discussion... but for distortion I have a few guitar pedals I like - Coopersonic Valveslapper (covers a lot of ground up to very thick/fuzzy/distorted although it does get quite distorted quite quickly), ProCo Rat (classic because of the tone, also a very useable range of sounds) and ZVex Fuzz Factory (for those more insane moments - is capable of a wide range of fuzz tones but it's really tough to dial anything subtle in).

I also use guitar amps & mic a cab pushing air on occasion. Still sounds so much better than any of the amp sim software I've heard - again though it's workflow vs tone.

As for noise, it's never really bothered me (it's part of the sound) and I almost never use a gate.

One plugin I would definitely recommend checking out for distortion is Airwindows Density2. It's free, and it sounds pretty good. They have some other free distortions but that's the one I go for most frequently. I love a lot of the Airwindows stuff and use something or other on most things I do. Well worth checking out.